What is Mindful Stays?

Mindful Stays with Jen
house sitter, pet sitter, writer, photographer, healer, artist.





I offer mindful stays with the things you most value. I interact with your pets, and all animals, in a way that acknowledges and respects their different sensitivities and personalities.
I practice Patience, Partnership, and Pet-focused walking.
I acknowledge helpful or “right” behaviors. I know how frustrating it can be to only hear about mistakes - positive reinforcement is such a loving way to learn!
I say “thank you” and “no, thank you” and “please” and “excuse me” and “I’m sorry”. I value all life and offer care and appreciation to animals and plants and greenery and Nature and insects. I have a successful catch and release system for when I find unwanted living things indoors with me - including spiders and bees.
I’ve been around dogs and cats and other pets my whole life. I am very accustomed to living with them and accommodating different living situations and pet needs and need levels. (Some pets need lots of attention, some pets would prefer not, and there are a lot in the middle.)
I write and create, and I am home a lot. Your home looks occupied while you’re away.
I have healthy energy practices and bless the homes in which I am staying. I send gratitude and love to my client-hosts while I stay in their homes. I send thoughts of  safety and happiness for them while they are traveling. 
I live in places with the love and care I show my own home or the homes of those I love. Where I am living is important to me and so is gratitude practice and peace. 
I leave homes cleaner than when I found them. I do stealth cleaning projects during my stay of the things we often overlook in the day to day, like cleaning window sills and baseboards or the silverware tray. My client-hosts may not even know I’ve done it! But I know, and it is another gift of love I give.
I practice and prefer clear communication of any expectations or boundaries. 



The lovely Gina
Good additional things to know about the benefits to your pets of an in-your-home sitter:
Having someone come to your house and stay with your pets while their human companions are away helps with stress, anxiety, cognitive health and ease of adapting to a different living situation.
Continuing their experience in their own homes and, in some cases, following their routine, helps reduce the stress some pets experience when faced with a changed circumstance. 
And a little different is a great thing too! Changing the places they walk and the smells, sights and sounds they experience helps with their neural development and health well into their later years! It can slow cognitive decline and help relieve boredom. A new person in their lives helps give them some healthy new experiences. 


Maggie is my Superfan



Comments

Popular Posts